CARAT: The Intersection of Science and Art
CARAT (Coronary Artery Reporting and Archiving Tool) is a state-of-the-art graphic recording and communication application for medical caregivers. As the artist paints details onto a canvas, so the medical practitioner can "paint" arterial details directly onto an anatomically accurate representation of the heart. Blockages, narrowing, lesions, hardening, and any other features are added at the stroke of a mouse.
Once a patient's arterial condition is accurately reflected in the on-screen CARAT diagram, the diagram can then be printed, or exported in PDF format and shared online or via email. In Alberta, the CARAT diagram is exported to Alberta Netcare for immediate access by clinicians. Finally, there is an accurate and consistent coronary artery information recording and communicating format for cardiologists, CT angiographers, and other medical caregivers.
Precise, concise, intuitive, and attractive, CARAT makes coronary artery reporting and archiving a fine art.
CARAT is powerful, intuitive, easy, and quick, as this short video clip demonstrates.
Video: CARAT Diagram based on CT Angio
• CARAT was designed to promote standardization of interpretation and coronary anatomy reporting precision.
• CARAT produces an attractive graphic that is understandable to health professionals and patients.
• CARAT allows recording of exacting surgical and interventional procedural detail, while archiving all of this information for future recall and analysis.
• The CARAT tool includes automated myocardial mapping and quantification of areas placed at risk by coronary lesions.
• CARAT provides a reporting module for CT angiography. It will be important to track practice patterns as CT angiography is adopted into mainstream clinical practice.
• CARAT generates a wealth of powerful and detailed reports to allow for statistical analysis and archiving.
• CARAT is user-friendly, intuitive, and easy to learn, ensuring ease of implementation.
• A limited-time, trial version of CARAT is available for download right now.
There currently three versions of CARAT software:
CARAT Versions Features Matrix
CARAT Workspace with blank diagram.
CARAT Workspace with a complex double arterial CABG diagram.
(Click here to see a large version of this CARAT diagram).
• Windows XP (SP2 or newer)
• .NET Framework 2.0 (free download from Microsoft)
• 512 MB of RAM (Recommended: 1024 MB or more)
• 1024 x 768 screen resolution
• 200+ MB hard drive space
To learn more:
Click here to see tutorials describing the use and functions of CARAT.
Click here to review CARAT video case studies.
Download a fully functional demo version of CARAT: